- Poems should be 3–30 lines.
Longer poems are a much harder sell.
Poems over 60 lines will not be considered.
- Must be genre/speculative and positive/optimistic.
Think of the “Amazing” in the name of the magazine.
To paraphrase the fiction guidelines:
“We have a strong preference for [poems] that take a bright view of human ingenuity and the possible futures we can make with it.”
- Must be original and unpublished.
Poems posted to social media are considered published.
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Send 3 poems maximum.
- Submit using our online submission system.
Submissions are read all year.
Provide a cover letter and a 50-word bio.
- We use blind judging. Your name and contact info should appear in the cover letter, but not on the poems.
- Do not send us another submission until you have heard back from a previous one.
Anticipated response time is 1 to 3 months.
Query if you have not heard from us in 3 months.
- Standard manuscript format for poetry:
One-inch margin around all edges, one poem per page, single-spaced, American spelling.
- Payment is $1/line with a minimum $25 USD. You will receive two complimentary copies.If your poem is accepted for publication, please note:
A. You will need to sign a contract and provide a bio.
B. We would like a publishing credit wherever you subsequently, publish it.
C. Even though rights do revert back to you three months after publication, the poem will exist in perpetuity in the issue it appeared in (print and online), and on storage devices that Amazing Stories uses to store its issues.